Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Sugarland smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in total charge of your Sugarland home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and explore suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Sugarland benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you can even talk to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also provides convenient remote operation via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View live or recorded footage from all connected surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Sugarland by programming schedules or establishing rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain inside your home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The home screen will display a message if something is preventing the system from arming. For instance, an open door will urge you to act. Note that you may still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then need to verify you would like to bypass the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Sugarland
Although multiple users can be set up when you first get your system, you will probably want to add another user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote access, choose phone or email and provide the details to send an invite.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just proceed to the menu, touch users, choose the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s automation and security through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Sugarland home security system. Dial (281) 688-2891 to learn more.