Online purchasing and daily shipments have become commonplace for countless people. You enjoy the convenience of having goods left at your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes sitting in the open are temptations to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a significant concern, but you are able to protect yourself from it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are great tools to dissuade package theft, but they provide so much more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’ll likely be an integral aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Sugarland video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells give you an array of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps advancing. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, speak to individuals at your door, and get real-time updates whenever something is delivered.
The simplest way to find out how a Sugarland video doorbell camera works is to delve into the many advantages it offers. Consider these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in deterring crime with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the complete picture, and that includes the faces of visitors at your door and packages on the surface below. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- Vivid streams at any hour: What’s the benefit of having a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and hard to see? The best models will give you incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You are able to enjoy immediate alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between people and packages.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your door? Reciprocal audio allows you to inquire about what they want. You might even take advantage of this handy feature to deter people lurking around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will help you reduce false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home gives you the chance to access real-time and recorded video right from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to access them directly from your mobile device, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even allow you to talk with whoever’s at your door. These devices have turned into must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.